Geospatial news & analyses for Africa
- The geospatial industry makes digital twins its own domainDespite appropriating the cross-industry technique of digital twins by giving it another synonym, a landscape of collaboration is slowly emerging as the spatial industry asserts is prominence as data integrators.
- Survey of data scientists show barriers to effective workingA survey of data scientists shows barriers to effective working, and also identifies strategies to empower data scientists and organisations.
- Consequences of choosing the fastest mode of travel in a cityWe found that if all travellers behave selfishly, and if we have a system that not only makes it relatively inexpensive to use a car, but also allows congestion to affect non-car users, collectively we all end up taking longer to get where we need to go – whether by car or not.
- Project control strategies for high accuracy drone mappingProject control is a topic near and dear to anyone doing high accuracy mapping. While this article won’t be giving you specific answers about how much and where to place control, it will provide you with useful guidelines.
- Easy-to-use online mapping helps valuation company deliver a project on an impossible deadlineWorking to a tight deadline and with constrained GIS capacity, a property valuation firm found business value in easy-to-use online mapping to realise its project.