By BIM Community Africa
Following its registration as a non-profit company (NPC) in September 2021, the BIMcommUNITY.Africa constituted its board in February 2022. Founded in 2018, the membership organisation encourages building information modelling (BIM) adoption across the continent and across sectors and industries.
Richard Matchett, Leon van Rensburg, German Bodenbender and Angela Lang are the executive directors and will fulfil a fiduciary role. The board, whose term runs from February 2022 to January 2023, serves as governing body for the NPC’s operations.
The members to the board are:
- Ginika Egwuonwu: Chairperson & member of the Marketing Portfolio
- Gary Mansfield: Team lead of the Special Projects Portfolio
- Karmen Volmink: Team lead for the Finance Portfolio
- Jay Moolman: Team lead for the Funding Portfolio
- Selvan Murugan: Member of the Special Projects Portfolio
- Calayde Davey: Team lead for the Partnerships and Collaboration Portfolio
- Nick Tenner: Member of the Partnerships and Collaboration Portfolio
- Imraan Lambat: Team lead for the Membership Portfolio
Matchett will also serve as the secretary and Lang as the Marketing Portfolio lead.