The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (GDARD) will be hosting a virtual AgriTech Seminar, focusing on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in the Agri-food sector in Covid-19 pandemic times.
The event will feature five speakers:
- Mandlenkosi Nkomo from Solidaridad Network will be speaking on technology for small holder farmer transformation.
- Asif Valley from Microsoft South Africa’s presentation will explore enabling transformation in agriculture.
- Prof Sue Walker from the ARC–ISCW will be introducing AgroCloud for agrometeorological information.
- Sandile Ngcamphalala from the ARC will look at closing the information gap between researchers and farmers.
- Michael Breetzke from Swift Geospatial will be discussing the uses of high cadence satellite imagery for small scale agricultural monitoring.
Contact Ria Mgidi, GDARD, Tel +27 072 715-6635, email@example.com