The Geo-Information Society of South Africa’s North-West Region is planning a revival of regional activities. All GISSA members and others interested are invited to attend the virtual meeting to be held on Microsoft Teams. After presentations a new committee will be elected.
Presentations on the day will include:
- The evaluation of residential dwellings’ thermal insulation status using aerial thermography by Dr Newton Matandirotya from the North West University
- A discussion on geospatial data information issues and compliance by Flora Makgale from the Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality
- The historical distribution of the Bilharzia transmitting snails in the Rustenburg Municipality by Refiloe Thiba from North West University
- The impact of climate change on the future distribution of biomphalaria pfeifferi snail in the Vhembe district, Limpopo by Anele Qelo from North West University
- Spatial information for combating wildlife poaching in protected areas by Wilfred Seitlhamo of North West Parks Board
Contact: Flora Makgale, email@example.com